Office: (718) 289-4012
Fax: (718) 289-4013
Josue Dorleus is the founder and managing partner of Dorleus Law P.C. Mr. Dorleus’ primary areas of focus are Real Estate Transaction and litigation, business disputes and complex tort cases.
Josue has experience representing clients in connection with a variety of transactional matters, including asset and stock acquisitions and divestitures, stock and membership interest redemptions, consortium and joint venture agreements, business entity formation and governance planning, as well as the drafting and negotiating of industrial and construction procurement, purchase and service contracts.
Josue has represented clients in numerous acquisition and sale transactions across a diverse range of industries and business sectors, including advertising, retail sales and real estate. Josue’s practice also includes advising individuals and business in connection with the drafting of organizational documents, including operating agreements and shareholder agreements, planning of overall corporate structure, and creating business succession plans. Josue also represents early-stage investors/ Fintech and Regtech clients in the cryptocurrency space.
Prior to founding Dorleus Law P.C., Mr. Dorleus worked as a senior litigation counsel for a New York City law firm where he represented a multi-billion dollar real estate conglomerate and its subsidiaries of retail shopping malls in complex tort actions in State and Federal courts in Brooklyn and Staten Island. Mr. Dorleus also defended the NYC’s Board of Education and numerous school bus transportation companies in complex tort cases.
From 2016 until 2018, Josue was appointed and served as an Assistant and then Principal Law Clerk to Justice Paul Wooten (kings County Supreme Court, IAS Part 97). Mr. Prior to joining Justice Wooten’s Chambers, Josue was a litigation attorney for a New York City Agency.
Josue has been selected to Super Lawyers Rising Star for the New York Metro area (2016- 2017, 2020-2023).
- Real Estate Transaction & Litigation
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Restrusturing
- Business Litigation & general Business Disputes
- New York
- New Jersey (pending)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Texas PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Turnaround Management Association, Houston Chapter
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State bar of New York, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member, 2013-present
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member