Office: (917) 353-2475
General Inquiries: Info@Dorleuslaw.com
Josh Dorleus is the founder of the firm. Mr. Dorleus’ primary areas of focus are real estate transactions and litigation, business disputes and litigation, complex tort cases, and family law. Other areas of practice include Immigration law with a specific focus on deportation defense and small business start-ups.
Prior to founding Dorleus Law PLLC, Mr. Dorleus worked as a senior litigation counsel for a New York City law firm where he represented an array of clients including a multi-billion dollar real estate conglomerate and its subsidiaries of retail shopping malls in complex tort actions in State and Federal courts.
From 2016 until 2018, Mr. Dorleus was appointed and served as an Assistant and Principal Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice Paul Wooten in the general IAS Part (Part 97) in Kings County Civil Supreme Court.
Before clerking in Justice Wooten’s chamber, Mr. Dorleus prosecuted child abuse and neglect cases as a staff attorney for the New York City Administration for Children’s Services.
Mr. Dorleus has been recognized by the New York Metro SuperLawyers as a Rising Star (2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and National Black Lawyers Association.
- Real Estate Transaction & Litigation
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Restrusturing
- Business Litigation & general Business Disputes
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S District Court for the Southern District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Turnaround Management Association, Houston Chapter, 2021
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State bar of New York, Member
- State Bar of New Jersey, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member, 2013-present
- Brooklyn Bar Association, 2016-present
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2021